• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is....

oldMan99

I know what it is used for, but:

Is it military or just wearing military type tires?

What is the name/number of it so I can look it up?

Do they ever come up on GL for sale?

What is the weight carrying capacity of it?

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know what it is used for, but:

Is it military or just wearing military type tires?

What is the name/number of it so I can look it up?

Do they ever come up on GL for sale?

What is the weight carrying capacity of it?

Looks home made to me from MV leftovers.
This is what a M198 looks like.

Attachments

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a homemade job using the frame from an M105 trailer. Notice the rims have 6 lugs and not 10 like a commercial dolly would. I would not touch that one with a 10 foot pole. :)

There is a commercial dolly for sale locally. I will email the details to you in case you don't mind a civilian dolly.

Ruppster

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes and No. It's military but not origional. The military did make them but not quite like that one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a 50s era M103 chassis (most likely from an M105) converted to converter dolly use. For what a converter dolly does, that chassis is way to light. Would be good for yard work but I'd not be hittin the streets with it. The M200 makes a better platform for one. M197s and M198s used to be pretty cheap, now-a-days they are pretty expensive

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a homemade job using the frame from an M105 trailer. Notice the rims have 6 lugs and not 10 like a commercial dolly would. I would not touch that one with a 10 foot pole. :)
Not all military dollies were 10 bolt! Tho-I am guessing it's a modded M105 trailer in this case.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not all military dollies were 10 bolt! Tho-I am guessing it's a modded M105 trailer in this case.
Oh, I know. I was talking about the use of 6 lugs on a civilian dolly. The OP was asking if it was military or a civilian dolly with military tires and that's why I mentioned the 6 lugs. A civilian dolly wouldn't have bothered with a 6 lug rim since normal semi trucks use a 10 lug Budd rim. But yes, I've seen military dollies use 6 lug rims for use with deuce and a half trucks.

Ruppster

rlwm211

To me it looks like a m105 frame, cutdown, but still has the proper springs with the helpers. You can see the dual parking brake handles and the original trailer plug for the lights. I could not tell if the air hose is there to operate the brakes.

Not much good for anything as it too heavy to haul around for little things and too small to haul big things. Parts source would be my best use for it.

Just my two cents

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks