• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What just fell out of my motor?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, The F-word cannot really convey how happy I am to see these parts come out of my oil pan while doing an oil change. Anyone have a clue as to what they go to?

Added by Stretch.

1/4-20 nut. He is pulling the pan now.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one item sure looks like a ball bearing seperator/retainer.

I'm guessing its from the oil pump idler gear.

3110-156-4681 BEARING, BALL, ANNULAR: OIL PUMP IDLER GEAR

The nut and lockwasher are probably something from the oil tube retaining hardware.

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just posting up what me a gimp yacked about. Looks like part of a bearing cage. Maybe from the oil pump. Not sure what uses a 1/4-20 nut. Any other ideas? He's pulling the oil pan right now.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy just called and it is from the oil pump idler gear(see post #2 for the description and NSN). There is play in it and he is going to have to change it out. To do that, it looks like the Harmonic balancer and engine front cover needs to be removed(including the radiator).

The 1/4" lock washer and nut have not been identified yet, but we're guessing it is from the oil pump pickup tube hardware(need to look closer)

The bearing is item number 13(found this in the TM9-2815-210-34P)

The r&r for that bearing is covered in TM 9-2815-210-34-2-1 Page 3-184

Attachments

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry for your mess in the middle of summer break.. at least your not on the road .. or on the side of one for sure :grd:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, this puts gimp in a time crunch. Think he was planning on being at haspin Tuesday.

I'm guessing it is an 8 hour job to fix it and get it back together.

Good thing he found it now, before the gear fell off and the oil pump quit.

Srjeeper

This oughta be a cake walk for Gimp. :roll:

He's usually fixin stuff on the side of the road with a broken Swiss Army Knife, in a blizzard, during rush hour, and burnin his only jacket for light. rofl

This man needs to start goin to church, marry a rich girl or hit the Ohio lottery cause his luck sucks...aua

2cents

gimpyrobb

Thanks for the support gang. The part is out, I am cleaning up surfaces that need gaskets and will put it back together in the morning. Why'd you delete that James? I thought the muffler bearing was FUNNY!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm taking this is the goosechase truck? Good luck Sir and let me know if you need anything.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you the best "Little Buddy". If there is anything I can do for you be sure to give me a call. I will do anything I can to get you going again. Chin-up!!!aua

"special Ed mon"

I got my seals on Saturday and put in this morning, nice use of the address line by the way:lol:

gimpyrobb

Wheu, spin on oil filters are on. All parts that need gaskets are "Crusher" clean, not Gimp clean. I need to find a Hoover-NSK 5204 bearing for the idler gear. I'd like to find a seal for the harmonic balencer, numbers on it are "Usa 10912514 sn 475479nar(or har). I need a bigger roll of gasket material for the cover that goes over the crank, cam ,ip, and oil pump gear. I have everything cleaned up and put away cause when I went to swap out the primary filter, it started to rain(and its pretty dark out too). Wish me luck, I start calling for bearings and seals in the morning. Ten put everything back together. :smile:

gimpyrobb

Also, a BIG thanks to Tom Stat for stopping over and helping to take it all apart. He stopped working on his truck to help me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks