• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What kind of additive for fuel and/or fuel system cleaner??

joeyaguirre21

This is my third post and I'm getting a lot of feedback! Thanks guys. So let me start of by what kind of fuel additive can I use? beside 2 cycle oil which I was told I could use. What kind of fuel system cleaner could I also use since it has been sitting for a while til I started messing with it recently.

Captaincarrier

I would start with dropping the tank, have it cleaned out, then start a cleaner for the fuel system. Why chance moving contaminates from the tank into the engine?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
:ditto: I have been using [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Howes[/FONT] for years in everything I own that uses diesel.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Howes or Lucas is all I run. I have good results. 5,500gallons of fuel ran thru this filter. Most of the tanks had additives. Yes it was dirty but I was having no running problems or loss of fuel economy.

Attachments

ruSSrt

I run 1 oz to 1 gallon of Super Tech TC-W3 outboard motor oil and 4 oz of Power service Diesel Kleen concentrate every fill up in both of my 01 cummins daily drivers. Never had any issues and run smooth every time. As soon as i get my hmmwv going i'll be running that too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks