• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Kind of International Truck is This?

Blind Driver

It looks to be a 6x6 International.
I'm looking for something to make a RV out of that can also haul the Scout. I think would be nearly perfect with singled out tires in the 12.50R20 or 14.50R20 range. I'm not sure how the 360 and 466 engines like multifuel. I may have to swap in a 6BT. I never considered the military multifueled engine to have enough horsepower.

Google Mapping is awesome :)

Lamar Trucks.jpg

Last edited:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I sold mine,It had a DT-466 with a automatic trans.I was using it to move equipment,it was to slow and underpowered for my needs.It was a nice truck.

Blind Driver

I sold mine,It had a DT-466 with a automatic trans.I was using it to move equipment,it was to slow and underpowered for my needs.It was a nice truck.
I'm guessing it was naturally aspired? Some of the 360 and 466 were like that for whatever reason or they didn't have a aftercooler, but I plan on a engine swap anyway.

What is the going price?

212sparky

We had a S1900 that looked like that. It had the DT466 turbo with an allison auto. Bad thing was that it skipped 3rd gear when when in 1-5 gear. Other than that it ran great even on hyrdaulic oil in a pinch.

rangereter

From what I can tell from the picture, these are early 90's 1900's....probably have mechanical 466T's in the 200HP range (+/-) probably (-). But some the the best built International engines ever made. I really like the 5.9 Cummins family, but would rather have an old mechanical 466 any day (there's no replacement for displacement), unless MPG's are important, then it would be a toss-up.
Regards, Bob

Blind Driver

What about final drive ratio? Any idea what RPMs this truck is turning and what size tires were typical?

The main reason I don't want a military 5 ton is the lack of support trying to regear the diffs, but it's not like I'm going to driving the thing to work 30 miles everyday and I'm thinking parts will be easier to find.

Last edited:

jdknech

watch GL, they come up for sale every few months.. i love that era of international trucks.. and i would prefer a DT466 (turbo) over a 5.9 in them any day of the week..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks