• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what kind of paint

gungearz

Very close... A smooth flat finish is the finish I achieve with good prep work of course. I hit the body with a 5" sanding disk on a DA sander with 200g paper. Just to smooth it better. If I go down to metal, then I reprimer it in that area. I put 2 coats of the rustoleum od green for the final paint...

85CUCVtom

Rapco Parts Company. They have color matched paint to the CARC colors. 383 green, 383 brown and flat black are the colors for the NATO woodland. 686 tan for the sandbox look.

cucv1833

I use (Rapco carc substitute rattle cans) I did my entire m1009 with 1- mix lot case in 2 hrs.
I also touch up my other green iron with it. I like it.

Do a search on here there's 100's of threads and options of what paint people are using.
Good luck.

bgates

I've used a lot of Aervoe, which I didn't like and more Gillespie, which I do like, but I'm going to repaint my M35A3 with latex.
As a club project we repainted a Sherman tank in a local park with latex and we were all amazed at how well it covered, how little we used and at how good it looked. It cost us about $30 to paint an entire Sherman. We just used a two gallon pressure pot.