• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What kind of serpentine? belt do I need ?

HUMMER H1

Hey guys I have a M1123 Humvee without Ac
My truck didn’t have the serpentine belt on it when I bought it.
I was able to start the truck today, now I need the correct belt for it,
Is this gonna be 98 inch belt? Can I find it at NAPA ?

thank you very much.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 2 possible belts, depending on what serpentine style you have.

If yours has the later setup with the remote power steering reservoir and the extra idler between the generator and power steering pump, then it's the one posted above.
If it's the older style with power steering reservoir built onto the pump and no extra idler, it's a shorter belt.

HUMMER H1

There are 2 possible belts, depending on what serpentine style you have.

If yours has the later setup with the remote power steering reservoir and the extra idler between the generator and power steering pump, then it's the one posted above.
If it's the older style with power steering reservoir built onto the pump and no extra idler, it's a shorter belt.
can those pictures provide clues of what type I have ?
I appreciate your help.
58813E9F-D1E8-4B55-9405-825733CCBCED.jpeg1D09DA96-D8EF-4BD6-B564-DA62C75FFFC3.jpeg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
58813E9F-D1E8-4B55-9405-825733CCBCED.jpeg
circled portion is the remote power steering reservoir, so the belt listed above should be the correct one.
As was mentioned though, the generator isn't installed, and probably other stuff that needs fixed before you can fire it up.

HUMMER H1

You don’t have a generator… I believe the belt that I posted is right once you have a generator
I am not going to use a generator, I’ll be using regular 12 volt alternator with 8 groove pulley,
I have converted the truck to 12 volts already,
The alternator will be bolted on the same location as the generator, I’ll make a custom bracket based on the length of the belt.

Thank you for the picture
That helps a lot, I think with those part numbers Napa can get me the right belt.

HUMMER H1

View attachment 882472
circled portion is the remote power steering reservoir, so the belt listed above should be the correct one.
As was mentioned though, the generator isn't installed, and probably other stuff that needs fixed before you can fire it up.
I did fire it up today
Runs excellent, of course no more than 35 second’s because I don’t have the belt .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks