• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WHAT KIND OF TRUCK DO i HAVE?

haggis6145

This may seem stupid to you ss veterans, but i just got what i think is an m1028. It has dual alternators, both on the left side (looking to the rear) and has a harrison a/c compressor on the right side. It has the pickup bed with shelter brackets. I thought the alternator config and a/c were exclusive to the m1010. Any thoughts?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the VIN? There have been more than a couple of these pop up lately. All of the ones I've seen were 1987 models. Pics and VIN please.

hole

This may seem stupid to you ss veterans, but i just got what i think is an m1028. It has dual alternators, both on the left side (looking to the rear) and has a harrison a/c compressor on the right side. It has the pickup bed with shelter brackets. I thought the alternator config and a/c were exclusive to the m1010. Any thoughts?
Chevy...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far I'm still batting 1000 on them being 1987 models. Wonder if they were produced under a different contract number.

haggis6145

Thanks. Yup, first I've owned. The Cdn miltary used the same vehicle but auctioned all of them in the nineties when they were replaced by a brutal Iveco truck made under licence. That's when I last drove one. They were all (to the best of my knowledge) equivalent to the M1008. We called them 'five quads'. The one I just got supposedly has only 4600 miles, however the tranny was pooched.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1028 is a 86 model. No A/C and delco alt's. But it has the 205 Transfercase. Does yours have the ID tags on the drivers side door? Is the interior A/C? Or only hook ups for the shelter?

raiburn

Haggis, you should have tags on the drivers door, or drivers door jam, that have the model and vehicle weights info.
Ken, if it originally came with a NP205, then it should be a M1028A1. (M1028A2 is the same with dually setup.)
My '86 M1028 has a NP208, delco alts, 3600# payload capacity, 9400# GVW! The M1008 has a 3100# payload capacity, and a 8900# GVW. Joe.

'86 M1028
'87 Jeep YJ one ton runnin' gear, sbc
'03 Express 3500

"One tonned up son"

haggis6145

Thanks for the replies guys. I also did a forum search and got some answers. Looks like the 87 M1028. Dual red Leece Neville alternators, a/c to the box, not the cab.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a really nice looking truck. Half the work is done on adding A/C to the cab. Does it already have the condenser as well? I'm betting it does. I wonder what the net effect of not having anything in the system since 1987?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks