• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What makes a deuce a deuce?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
took my deuce to a mud run in NC ONCE. Went back the next time, and the owner of the park had bought 3, and had sidelined his bulldozer and was using a deuce to recover stuck trucks.

I took my M109 through- slow but steady. Made all those guys jelous with the extra drive axle!!

I just love everything about them.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My deuce is a deuce because it's been TWO years since I brought it home, and nearly TWO years since I've seen it!!!

:cry:

Last edited:

wsucougarx

For me a deuce is a deuce:

That loud obnoxious buzzer that quiets a little when the starter button is pushed followed by that waking of the beast. The feeling of sitting on top of a jackhammer at full work capacity. Plus the unknown factors in the back of my head which tell me I possibly won't have brakes at the next stop light so start backing off of traffic 10 miles from the light:wink: Of course, the rubber necking of individuals out on their quiet strolls.

Plus a deuce is a deuce because it is unmolested and still retains it's 3 axles and 10 NDT tires. Plus if an axle were removed, it would just be glorified pickup truck and no longer a deuce

Last edited: