• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What model are the diffs on M37's

tjmarco

What model are the diffs on M37,s? I'm working on a '41 WC 9 that has the M37 diffs ,and everybody asks what model are they,??? THanks

m376x6

If you're looking for something like a Dana 60, 70, or 80 you're not gonna get that lucky. Both the 8 3/4 inch and 9 5/8 third members corporate. The M37 used the 9 5/8 ring size exclusively. The ratio used in M37's is 5.83 to 1.

Regards,
M376X6

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you have the cylinders facing the proper direction. They are double cylinders & have a right & left - there are two sizes of pistons in them.

Lee in Alaska

Bill W

As mentioned the wheel cyls on the m37 have a stepped bore, the larger bore/cup faces the rear of the vehicle. Front and rears are the same but you need left and right sides

Attachments

m376x6

Is that your M37 6x6? Thinking myself of a 6x6 Ambulace
Yes, that is my truck. I built it almost 20 years ago. A 6X6 ambulance, that would be interesting. Would you extend the patient compartment or what did you have in mind?

Regards,
M376X6

Bill W

"I built it almost 20 years ago"

And its still one of the coolest looking MV conversions that I've ever seen[thumbzup]

m376x6

Bill, Bruce, I'm very glad to see you two still visiting various sites like this. My Son and I were stopped to glass for game and enjoy a delicious and hearty MRE meal during one of our many hunting trips last year, while parked he mentioned it would be nice to use the glove box door as a bit of a table. So this weekend I added a couple of light chains to the door to stop it near level. They mount inside so they aren't seen until you open the glove box and are out of the way so they don't interfere with the opening and closing. I have to pull the 6X6 into the shop as I noticed a smell of gasoline and found the fuel pump leaking a bit out of the weep hole so I'll pull it into the shop and do the glove box door trick to it also. Ahhh. the fun never stops. :-D

Best to both of you,
Regards,
Bryan