• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What model trailer did this start out as a Ben Hur

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran across this trailer while back , it was modified into a tool trailer probably back in the 1960's . It is a little rough , but anybody got a idea what started out as ?

Attachments

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn’t that one of the early M101’s?
They did a lot to it for whatever they needed it for.

Looks like it would clean up fairly well.
Hard to tell, but looks to be surface rust and no rot.

Any pics of the inside?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn’t that one of the early M101’s?
They did a lot to it for whatever they needed it for.

Looks like it would clean up fairly well.
Hard to tell, but looks to be surface rust and no rot.

Any pics of the inside?
No it is not a M101 , 20 inch wheels.
There is a data plate on it (lower right corner picture #2) but it has about 10 layers on imron paint on it.
No pictures of the inside . If I remember right they have some bins in it , it was used for pins for concrete forms . Next time I'm down there I'll try and get dome more pictures . It was warm when I took these and anything steel down there that's dry is full of wasp nests .

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It looks like a WWII standard pull behind a CCKW trailer that has had a metal top made for it and maybe the axle moved to on top of the springs. At least the tailgate and stake pockets look to be the same. 1-Ton Cargo Trailer G-518
benhursalee.jpg

Last edited:

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that is a "Ben Hur" trailer, they were made by quite a few different manufacturers. Even with the modifications that looks like a great start. Someone will want if it you don't. Looks very straight, probably no rust on inside and the lunette and related is still up front. Big wins in this day and age.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks