• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What model winch

Rebelpride

I am trying to figure up the cost of putting a winch on my deuce as opposed to buying a
truck with a stock mounted winch. Can someone tell me what model winch came on the deuce
stock.
Thanks.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Garwood 10,000# winch is stock for the deuce.

Complete take off winch "kits" go for on average $1000 or so. Then add in your time mounting it, the overhead lift that makes it alot easier, etc....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I believe the Deuce is a CA-514, I might be wrong.

With enough beer and welding rod you can probably make anything work, but I'd stick with the correct Deuce winch. It works, they are common, no fabrication required for install, etc.

acetomatoco

Buy a crummy winch truck cheap and put the winch complete on your truck..with the best bumper etc.. and then sell the truck for cheap and have a winch for cheap.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't waste a good deuce with a bobbing idea. Get a bucket 'o crap that's all messed up anyways, that noone will miss (at least not miss the last 1/3 of it!)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob what you want! Just because one wants a bobbed deuce doesn't mean it has to be a piece of crap. I'd rather start with a nice truck, lees work and money in the long run.

JasonS

I bobbed a nice '53 deuce and love it. Stored indoors most if not all of it's life and not one bit of rust. It was what was readily available to me without spending a lot of $$$$.

42WC57

I have a Garwood winch model 2U512 which has a 14" dia spool, 12" wide. This may have come from a CCKW, it's a very heavy machine. It's now mounted on my WC57 but it's really too large for the vehicle. I'd love to trade it for a Braden MU2 but will probably sell it when I find a replacement. I can send pics if interested. Neil

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you add one on check the oil levels first. Wish we would have cause now it must come back off and have all the seals replaced. Guess this shows I can't drink and think.