• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What motor to get in a M54A2?

Benw6110

I am looking into getting a 5 ton cargo truck. The only thing is i dont know what motor to get in it. I was looking at some trucks from Oshkosh Equip. and their trucks range from a LTD 465 to a NHC 250 Cummings. Help! which one is the better of the two?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the m54a2 has the multifuel ltd465, the 813 has the cummins 250, same truck except the 813 has a longer hood because of the 250, the 809 series is the one after the m54 series,. i would do the 813

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am one of the few guys it sounds like who does not particularly like the Mack powered 5 tons. I owned an M52A1. It did have good power, but it was "wierd" power. It pulled well, but really did not feel as though it was pulling strong...if that makes any sense. The interesting thing about my truck...not sure if they are all like this...was that you just floored the truck and ran it up to the governed RPM, which was like 2,100 RPM...you just held your foot to the floor and let her pull. The Mack powered trucks tend to be some of the older trucks and, in my experience, these are the trucks that feel the most worn. I realize this is not always the case, but it was the case with my tractor and several other Macks that I've driven and/or inspected.

Benw6110

I think i found it! It needs some extras added to it like winch and cargo cover but other than that its the "better" of the two motors. Just gotta get it past the wife, buy her a pair of shoes or something.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to bash anyone selling stuff but it seems that Oshkosh Equipment trucks are costly. I don't know what they do to them other than painting and putting HEMTT rolling stock on but they are sure way out of my price range. Since you're in GA I'd look kinda local. You have Russell Deese in Cairo and I forget the other guys name in Camilla GA, Bruce Kubu will remind me. Both peddle trucks and may have what you need within 40 miles of your AO.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brandon (AMGENERAL) is the guy to talk to about Mack-powered trucks! He has more miles in them than I do...that's for sure!

The guy in Camilla, GA is Jessie Bostick (229-221-0969). He is a really nice guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks