• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What NOT to do to old canvas

Pawnshop

I washed a surplus canvas bag one time (don't recall what it was exactly) and it came out looking like your seat covers did, put that on my list of things NOT to do...

Dishwashers make great steam de-greasers, but people with ovaries are typically not able to appreciate that...

Gastrap

There is a hint in post #22. That's all I'm sayin'.:oops:
Household appliances can be useful for many non-traditional needs :-D

I've used the oven & freezer for shrink fitting parts I machined & curing gun-kote finishes ( very stinky ), and have tried the dishwasher on oily Garand stocks before I knew it was bad for the wood. Even did some stove-top parkerizing before I got a burner in the shop for it.

Dont think I can top this washer stunt, I spent about 20 min cleaning out the drum & then ran an empty cycle. wife never gets mad, she knows all my projects keep me out of trouble.

steelandcanvas

We should start a new thread, "shop uses for kitchen appliances". Maybe you Guys can help me figure out what to use the trash compactor for...haven't been banned from using it yet.rofl

Gastrap

...pry it out with a screwdriver, there's a metal frame in there that's a snap-fit.
Yup, pry the top down at points about 10 inches in from each side. Get a screwdriver stuck all the way in to the back plate so you dont rip the canvas.

Took me a few WTFs to figure it out:oops:

Last edited: