• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what not to do with an m37

calpyro

nope
found this atrocity on killbillet.com
here is 2 more pics of the mangling
Glad you got a kick out of my truck.

Modification to date are:
  • Chop roof and roof bows 5" and get new canvas top made 5" shorter with zip up rear window
  • Lower and pitch back two driver seats and make custom center console
  • Lower steering wheel 3"
  • Remove all power train (donated to MV restorer for his M37)
  • install 2007 Police interceptor Crown Victoria IFS front end
  • cut rear frame and install "C" notch to accommodate 9" Ford rear end
  • Install Chevy 454 with Weiand 177 supercharger, blower cam and headers with 2" primary tubes and Turbo 400 trans
Next up:
  • Install four-link rear suspension with air bags.
Maybe this could be a new thread "M37 Modification and Hot-Rodding?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
calpyro got any more pictures you can post on here. If you are going to modify an MV do it well and from the looks of it you did.

Kalashnikov

Glad you got a kick out of my truck.

Modification to date are:
  • Chop roof and roof bows 5" and get new canvas top made 5" shorter with zip up rear window
  • Lower and pitch back two driver seats and make custom center console
  • Lower steering wheel 3"
  • Remove all power train (donated to MV restorer for his M37)
  • install 2007 Police interceptor Crown Victoria IFS front end
  • cut rear frame and install "C" notch to accommodate 9" Ford rear end
  • Install Chevy 454 with Weiand 177 supercharger, blower cam and headers with 2" primary tubes and Turbo 400 trans
Next up:
  • Install four-link rear suspension with air bags.
Maybe this could be a new thread "M37 Modification and Hot-Rodding?
That's an impressive list of mods! What made you decide on that combo of Ford and Chevy parts? I'm curious to see some videos of this thing. How much power do you think you've got?

calpyro

That's an impressive list of mods! What made you decide on that combo of Ford and Chevy parts? I'm curious to see some videos of this thing. How much power do you think you've got?

The reason for the Ford, Chevy Dodge mix is simply economics and pragmatic sense of what works for the application.
The Crown Vic front idea came from here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/716058-buildup-06-crown-vic-front-suspension-into-67-f100.html
For the M37, it was a good fit. The Crown Vic front end is wide like the M37 and is designed for a full-size vehicle and I was able to pick it up for $200 from a crashed cop car.
The 454 is a new crate motor that I picked up cheap with a TH400. I had a nice set of large Oval Port heads in the shop and with the engines low compression pistons, the cheapest way to good performance is Weiand’s low profile blower. I picked up the blower from craigslist at a great discount with a new carburetor thrown in for free.
As or power, I am limited by the cast crank and pistons. Essentially, the motor is good for low-end torque.
No videos yet. Need to mount the rear axle and bags and put the bed back on.

Here is a good shot of the seat modifications:

jollyroger

I gotta say when I first saw it I kind of threw up in my mouth. But that's mostly cause I have been looking at and driving the M-37 since I was born. So the purist in me was my mindset. But then I looked at it again and again. Then I actually got jealous and said with all the M-37's we've had in the family why didn't I think of that.

You have put a lot of thought into the look of the truck. It's not sadly dropped and poorly done. The rake of the top with the chopped windshield makes the truck look older like from the 20's or 30's. The only thing I would say is the factory tire and wheel combo may not make the look. I don't know for sure about that but please keep going and post pics with updates. The truck is growing on me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks