• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what Olive Drab paint is everyone using for thier CUCV paint jobs?

1073CJ5

Looking at repainting my M1009 and am curious to see paints you guys are using. Rattle can Krylon, Rustolium? Any tips on paints, or brands recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

kabar1

Looking at repainting my M1009 and am curious to see paints you guys are using. Rattle can Krylon, Rustolium? Any tips on paints, or brands recommendation would be greatly appreciated.
I asked the same thing a little while Ago, wish someone would start a lets see pictures of your OD CUCV !

steelandcanvas

How about looking at the "What have you done to your CUCV today/lately" thread? I'll bet there is a lot of photos of CUCV's there, might even be some references to paint colors.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing different in the painting of a M1009 or a M915. Just the shape of the vehicle.

CARC
Ureathanes (Sherwan Wiiliams, PPG, Dupont, etc..)
Rapco's Gillespie paint
Behr house paint
Rustoleum
rattle cans
roll on
spray on

Any combination of the above will work. It just depends on how much time and $$$ you want to spend.

The Military even used brooms and mops on ocassion

Last edited:

ryan77

Nothing different in the painting of a M1009 or a M915. Just the shape of the vehicle.

CARC
Ureathanes (Sherwan Wiiliams, PPG, Dupont, etc..)
Rapco's Gillespie paint
Behr house paint
Rustoleum
rattle cans
roll on
spray on

Any combination of the above will work. It just depends on who much time and $$$ you want to spend.

The Military even used brooms and mops on ocassion
With a blindfold on in the dark!!

CUCVSRK

Thant's a **** of a nice paint job there. Is that all from a rattle can? I emailed RAPCO to see if they will ship ground to alaska. Nice rig...
No, most of that is a sprayer but I did touch up (actually repainted most to the drivers side door) with the rattle can. but its tricky because if your too close then you can see lines when it dries but if there's too much wind you get a ridiculous amount of over spray

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks