• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What part am I missing here MEP-003

Crawdaddy

I am missing some part on the oil system of my MEP-003, but I have no idea what it is. It appears that there's a pair of oil lines that come from the top of the heads and comes down to between the IP and the oil filter, where it ends in a T fitting. The oil pressure gauge was remoted by the military to by the control cubicle. The other half of the T goes nowhere, and there appears to be part of a brass fitting broken off in the fitting. In the pictures, my finger is pointing to the stub of the remaining fitting. What am I missing in my oil system? I've looked through all 3 levels of TM, and I cannot find any illustrations that show this oil line or junction.

Attachments

3dAngus

Stand back, take another picture giving a better idea of where it is, and I will do the same for you to study. Mine is all original. Maybe it will tell you what you want to know.

I can't get a definitive idea of where you are in the closeups alone.

3dAngus

If you are in this area, it is probably an aux. fuel hookup for your 55 gal fuel drum. Still can't tell, but I will send you a broader picture of the area in its natural state and you can make the call.

Attachments

3dAngus

Oh, geezzeee, I was way off. You're on the other side.
Let me do this again. I'll be back.

Hey, didn't Arnie say that?

Crawdaddy

The oil line is up between the IP and the oil filter housing. I would think it goes to the oil filter, but I don't see anything that's not connected to the oil filter housing.

Crawdaddy

As soon as I saw your first pic, everything fell into place. I was right in my guess that the T fitting hooked up to the filter housing. Hopefully once I pull the oil filter I can replace the brass connection going between the filter base and T, otherwise I have a nice 1200lb paperweight. And yes, I am missing an injector line, injector return line, part of the wiring harness, battery cables, and a host of other parts. It looks like I either need to find another engine for this thing or use this one for parts. Anyone have a spare engine or whole genset that they want to sell? :lol:

Crawdaddy

I took a closer look at the oil filter assembly today and noticed that the oil filter housing is bolted onto the block, and can be replaced. Now, to find a new oil filter housing, the associated T fitting, and the injector line, and the injector return line, and a wiring harness, and battery cables...

jbk

member speddmon has adapter plate for spin on oil filter if thats the route you wana go. i just got a 003 that was missing all the fuel cans and lines, got the fuel lines from delks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks