• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what rubber is in the fuel pump

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been looking into bio fuel, and the manufacturer of the equipment told me to
make sure what the o-rings and seals in the fuel system are made of. He said that if they were made of natural rubber they would break down over time and start leaking. He said to make sure they were made of Viton. He also said most new o-rings and seals were made of Viton. Does anyone know what the o-rings and seals in the M923A1 are made of?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on how long it's been since the pump was gone through, If recenly, they are Viton. if not since new, rubber.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are many grades or qualities of bio fuels, some are acid, like used veggie oil, which can also damage metals in the long run. Veggie oil under heat and pressure will polymerize and create its own set of problems in the wrong places.
IMHO, biofuels should only be used in very diluted amounts.

For example, the German Elsbett conversion for old Mercedes cars, explicitly specifies fresh veggi oil only, no used (WVO) allowed...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know of any way to check to see if it has been rebuilt. Is there a way to check?
Thanks
No way to tell when it was done but the seal wires have lead seals on them. They are crimped "F" from the factory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks