• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What should come on?

Pballer71

This is my first CUCV well first car. So i've read a lot of post on here and every once in a while i'll see a post with some one saying something about a seat belt buzzer coming on when you turn the key. Is this a mod or something that is suppose to happen and also with the door is there any courtesy light that comes on in these trucks when you open the door? Kind of off topic but are the seat belts suppose to tighten naturally because mine only tighten when the door opens.

Barrman

The -10 manual for the CUCV trucks tells you what lights up when you turn on the key. Some trucks have had the seat belt buzzer removed, broken or just missing.

The dome light is only activated by the head light switch knob twisting counter clockwise. The only dome light is the one under the dash behind the ash tray.

The big white plastic thing the door pushes against by the lock post is hooked to the seat belt reel. The seat belt is supposed to be tight against you unless you pull on it to make it catch. Then it will stay off you. Opening the door releases the reel to wind back up again.

txmytx_catahoula

Check the wires near the base of the drivers seat belt. If yours are like mine was, someone has cut them so the buzzer won't activate. My belt buzzer still picks it's own time to activate which is probably a grounding issue I've not addressed yet. I like my shoulder belt tight against me, so I pull it out slightly then release it. This seems to work so long as I'm not traveling over rough roads, then it just locks.

Pballer71

There are no wires near the base of the seat belt should they be in side the cab or outside right below it i can't see any wires at all.

txmytx_catahoula

Unless previously modified, there should be two wires running from the fuse panel, along the left hand kick panel, under the driver side threshold, behind or under the drivers seat and into the bottom of the "female" end (right side of the driver) of the drivers seat belt. All of this run is inside the cab. These wires tell the seat belt buzzer wether or not the seat belt has been buckled.