• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what should I expect to pay for a display only non functional 546, 422, 6707, speaker

Darrellr

I have access to a setup for my hmmwv. I have open the 546 and multiple parts are visibly missing. I have not opened the 422 yet, the 6707 is no good inside. all come with based to mount on the tray, various cables, and multiple mics.

Is it possible to get this thing back working at a reasonable cost. How can I determine whats been removed?

papakb

What RT do you actually have? It's either an RT-524 or an RT-246. There is no such thing as a 546. Whatever is missing can be replaced and the radios can be made functional again providing the wiring harness wasn't hacked and there's no corrosion inside. Both are the kiss of death for these radios. Post some pictures of the insides top and bottom with the electronics trays flipped up and we can give you some idea what's missing. Same with the R-442. The MX-6707 is generally considered a replacement item if it's either corroded internally or the frequency selector switch is frozen. They're usually not economically worth repairing. Do you have the 2 mast sections?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks