• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what should I offer, or not

ODdave

buddy showed me what was out behind his dads place. His dad asked me what i would give him for it. What do you guys think? Obviously im not looking to make it run again but mabye parts? What should I offer, if anything?

Attachments

ODdave

LOL, he owns a scrap yard, this is what makes it hard to put a $ amount to it. He saved it from scrap because he must have thought there was value. <--- Problem.

FWIW his yard is paying $200/ton (2000lb)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL, he owns a scrap yard, this is what makes it hard to put a $ amount to it. He saved it from scrap because he must have thought there was value. <--- Problem.

FWIW his yard is paying $200/ton (2000lb)
The local shredder here in saginaw is paying $250 a ton , if he is hauling to the mills in detriot double that at least.

ODdave

The local shredder here in saginaw is paying $250 a ton , if he is hauling to the mills in detriot double that at least.
Yea, local here is 270, But its how he makes a living so it dosnt bother me much using him. Gotta remeber he sold me 2 m35 winches for $150.

Any thoughts on what i should offer?

ODdave

mirrors, & wheels (wheels are for somone else) Thats about it. Im puting a diesel & OD trans in my m37 so the engine & trans wouldnt do me any good even if they where uasable.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeeze, that thing is a creampuff! If it were down here I would give a grand for it. I don't see any rust. The transmission is a non issue. It is very hard to find M37s that are all original from the gov't and not all messed with. Love the 100 amp system as well!

BillF

In New England that is a good solid truck. The 100 amp parts are worth something. Might be the rare radio truck version of the m37.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My thought is if there's nothing that you REALLY need, then why give yourself another project and headache. Let it go

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $500 for a truck in not much better shape a few years ago (had the radiator) and it runs as smooth as can be, but looks like that truck. lol.

Oldfart

Around here, sheet metal parts are very spendy. Most of the metal looks straight. If not too rusty, the usual sources of bed parts would get $1000 out of all the bed metal. It looks like a complete high output generator system as well. Most folks ditch that, but a purist collector might need/want that system for a restoration. If that was anywhere close to me I would pay $300 to $500 to add it to my parts truck collection.

scranch18121

Turn this around........ he needs you to haul it off. (i know he has a scrap yard)

But.... I'd tell him that you could haul it off and only charge $100. If he starts to balk at that..... then tell him your last offer... you will remove it for free..