• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size battery in deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coalman

I have a m35a3 and need two new batteries What is the best group size to use other than the 6tmls Thanks Kevin I have no problem making a adapter for the battery box Thanks Kevin

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get blemished or econo Group 31s from Interstate battery for around $40.

Alot of guys also use group 24.

We have discussed this to death many times before. Remember Advanced search is your friend

Funny Shoes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Battery size for the deuce

Hello all

Trying to figure out what size (what fits in the battery box) and how many cranking amps I need to crank my M109. I would take my old one into the local autoparts store and ask them but mine managed to walk off in the middle of the night.

In the gremlins haste to escape capture they used bolt cutters to cut the battery cables. I'm probably more irritated about having to sweat new battery leads on then replacing the $200-300 of battery's.

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funny Shoes

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 2 of these batteries from NAPA in my deuce in 2013. I have the metal battery box and they just barely slid into the battery box (the short way). I used a ratchet strap connected to the bottom of the battery box to hold them down. There's still some room on either side.

I assume "BCI # 31P" means they were group 31 batteries?

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...-Automotive-Commercial/_/R-NBD7235_0405999991

Part Number: BAT 7235 Product Line: NAPA Batteries

Attributes:Battery BCI # : BCI # 31P
Battery Cold Cranking Amps @ 0 Degrees F : 950
Battery Cranking Amps @ 32 Degrees F : 1,190
Battery Load Test Amps : 475
Battery Posts Type : Top Mount Post
Battery Reserve Capacity (Minutes) : 195
Battery Voltage : 12 Volt
Wet or Dry : Wet
Battery Application : Commercial
Battery Weight : 61.4 lbs
Contents : (1) Battery
Height : 9-7/16"
Length : 13"

Last edited:

FarmerRob

I assume "BCI # 31P" means they were group 31 batteries?
Correct.

They are a tight fit in a plastic battery box but they do fit. I had to turn the screws around on one of my boxes so that the head was inside the box and the exposed threads were on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.