• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size bolts for the top on a M1009

mcne2026

I lost most of the bolts that hold the top on my M1009. Anyone know what size bolts I need? I know the ones that connect to the front cab are larger than the bolts that connect to the bed. I am going into town tomorrow and can swing by Fastenal if I know the correct size. Thanks.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are 5/16"-18 x 2-1/2" for the cab portion and 5/16-18 x 1" for the bed portion. Get the pointed ones if you can, helps to line up the holes and prevent cross threaing. Don't forget to use washers!!

I'd throw some anti-seize compound on them when you put it back together, especially for the ones that connect to the cab. Those can be exposed to moisture when the seal between the cab and lid leaks, and they're a real pain to deal with when they rust.