• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size tires for Deuce? ....agrrrrrrahhhhh

GoHot229

Ok, only partially true So you guys riding on big meats like 14's 15's and the like....Where are you getting them? I supose the regular places such as Boyce Equiptment and the like..... but when you decide to go these routes, are their sources for these tires NEW from some Truck or Tractor Co. in other words can you go down to Jimbo's truck tire shop and order them NEW and not GL stuff?
It seems that I would want a better source than only surpluss, something you could count on for years to come. A large Equiptment tire or something. The other day I was driving to the VA and in front of me was a Crane and his ontarague of boom carrier, lead truck, and rear truck with block and stuff etc. Anyway as I got up close to the Crane which was somewhat shaped in the Cab area like a Hmmett (whatever the letters are) and while he never came to a stop the tires being unreadable because of the still spinning, anyway, I thought the size and width and tread would be perfect for the Bobbers. Too bad he never cane to a complete stop so I could read the sidewall. But they would also have been a different bird, as they were somewhat lower profile, mabe 5-6 inches lower overall in heigth, more so then 14 or 15's and wider by a bit, mabe 5-6 inches. That might have become a lock to lock problem, hard to say. Any way it may be a better choice in the future to find something not so obsolete and increasingly unobtainable.

jasonjc

I bet those would be too stiff for a boober. The load rang on those thing most be high like 10,000lbs???? Any of you in the know know????????????

Hammer

Uhm, the bigger tires already HAVE the higher load ratings. My 16r20s have 14.5k weight ratings!
The smaller ones are around 9.4k I think, or close to that.

mudguppy

:ditto: the weight ratings go up real fast for big tires. IIRC, the 395 goodyears i have are 9300lb rating. large industrial tires can have incredibly high ratings. as much as those huge hydraulic boom crane weigh, i wouldn't be surprised if the tires were upwards of 20k rated...

tomesee1

im running 1400s on my bobbed duece little hop at low speeds but ride good other than that as far as were to get them i dont no i had bought mine at an auction 6 years ago only problem ive found is i need to turn my pump up kinda gutless trying to turn that much rubber

Alredneck

Banned
The only thing with goin with new commercial / industrial tires is cost. New tires are 400 and up each new. Some are in the 700+ range as big as you are wanting. The 395s and 16s are not goin anywhere from the surplus market anytime soon. Considering that they are the most popular sizes in the military big truck scene right now and there is nothing out there to replace them as of yet. I went with commercial 385s on 22.5 rims on my 5ton just for the fact that they last longer than the NDTs and wanted something that I didnt have to worry about for many, many miles. The back are new retreads and the cost was $180 for the tire and steel rim. Mounted and installed on the truck. They are not much bigger than the 11s that were already on there but just a more durable tire. My 395s on Apoc were $100 a piece and I have over 4000 miles on them and wouldnt trade them in for nothing. But hey its your truck and your money do with it as you please. :roll: