• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what snow?

charlietango

^ he really chose that spot because his crotch was on fire and it looked like a good spot to soothe ... (ref: MIL2013-009-02 Welding - Seated Position)

DeucesWild11

rofl haaaa! You got me there.. I was smoldering again the other night.. at least it there was no flame this time and was the same jacket so I didn't ruin another one.

Thanks I really needed to laugh today.. perfect timing!

Triple C

We finally got snow, anywhere from 8 to 12 inches which is a really big snow for us. First real snow in a couple of years. Took the 925 out looking for a challenge but didn't really find one. I am interested in how deep it will go (on the road) before it is a problem. I understand ice is a different story. The most I found to drive through was probably about 18-24 inches in drifts and it wasn't a challange. Anybody know what the 925 will handle?

charlietango

makeup of the snow makes the biggest difference. If its wet, hot spinning tires with lots of PSI can create an ice layer which can really screw you up. Drifting snow hardens like concrete and can hang up your axles, control arms if the drift is big enough. small drifts, as long as some wheel has bite will be a none issue. large drifts, large enough that your whole truck sits on it, you are screwed. light fluffy snow is no issue, my M35 waded into 34 inches of the stuff without breaking a sweat

CA_LEO

MAGNUM, beautiful rig you got there. How much of a lift, or are you just running bigger tires?

We only got about 4" of snow here this past week. The whole county shut down... We used to get feet if snow and they wouldn't even close the schools. Too many flat landers here now.

biggestc69

We got about 12 inches in N.E. Kansas. With a 12k hyd Milemarker up front and a PTO driven 10k Garwood outback I get alotof "Hey I'm stuck calls". Which I dont mind, keeps the beer fridge stocked. During the day it hit I had to go to Topeka for a VA appt, an hour drive for me and about an hour and a half in the CUCV. They almost shut down the interstate but they didnt it was blowing so bad. Well I decide to do my penance and get a little volunteer work in, pulling out stuck vets in the parking lot. There was a wrecker circling the parking lot like a buzzard when I showed up so I pulled up and asked him if he was a vet and what he was charging to move these old WWII on up vets 5 feet with his wrecker. He tells me he's not a vet and the going rate to hook up is $70. I tell him there is plenty of business on the side streets and I would be here all day making sure they got out, nothing personal but I'm a vet looking out for my brothers and he was cool with it and agreed that there was plenty of busniness that day and left. I pulled out 12 veterans ranging from WWII to Afganistan's cars (mostly big old boats, Lincolns and Caddy's) that day and then stuck around for about another hour for the employees that got plowed in. I went in and they announced over the intercom that if you wanted a free tow out to go to the parking lot pulled out another 6. And I also helped a few old timers get to their cars, very interesting stories. Its a shame that we are losing that generation at the rate we are. The next night I am just sitting down for supper when the phone rings and my buddy is 20 miles out stuck in a drifted in ditch. Well the snow had thawed on top and it was an inch of ice followed by hard snow and of course he's stuck to where I cant do the easy pull and pull him forward because there was a culvert 5 feet from where he got stuck. So here is a pic of the truck plowing snow going around him so I could turn around had to rock a little but nothing major. Spartan locker up front and the Detriot in the back with 34" LTB Swampers got the job done. 63231_4012353647733_1029139266_n.jpg