• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the Heck is it??? Look at this!!!!

owensexport

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to identify this machine for a friend in Central America.
The seller told him it was made in 1948... I find it hard to believe.
Weird Stuff Here!!! Open to all comments
Notice it has a 3 lever light switch

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say somebody got chop happy with a CJ5 or maybe M38A1 and came up with a Heizne 57 Variety vehicle.

OR...some enterprizing young soul just decided that a Jeeup would make a good vehicle?

Honestly have no idea what that thing....but it kinda...well sorta...almost makes me want one:roll:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
look at the rounded hood, fenders look like they were rounded...but cut... does have the step in front of the door though...i would say late 52 - early 53 model of...er..something Willys.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow...don't know what happened...Only got to see the first pic when I made the posts above....after seeing the rest I'm even more confused.

I hereby stand officially clueless:-D

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an export only truck developed by Willys for the 3rd world military market.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm guessing it is a CJ5 manufactured in said 3rd-world country under license from Willys. I'd also guess that considerable "liberties" were taken with the license! (You should see some of the bastardized '50s era vehicles in rural Turkey!)

I've GOT to move my research library into the same building as my computer!

Just spent about 1/2 hr looking, can't even come close. I've seen that front end-fender transition somewhere before, but I'm darned if I can find it. I would also bet those wheels/tires are larger than original.

Verrry Interesting piece. Anyone check with CJ sites?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks