• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the heck is this thing on my 6.5 GEP Engine?

beckel

So I dug through the tech manuals and cant find any mention of this electrical component. It wasnt present on my 6.2L so hoping someone may know what the function of this thing is. It came as part of the 6.5L GEP power pack. Says riverside manufacturing but no part number. Maybe some sort of electrical noise suppressor??

Thanks!

IMG_20161102_201923.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One end terminates to ground on an intake manifold bolt on the right side front by the IJ pump.
the other end plugs into the eng harness 54C, it's a fuel solenoid diode.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks alot guys! I see that the same diode is used on the horn circuit.
that is correct. But both of these don't get used unless you have the associated wires in your body harness. Just depends on how new your harness is. You will find it on ECV harnesses, but I have seen it on N/A harnesses as well on later style NA trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks