• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tire looks more agressive on an M1009 - Mud Terrain, Trail Grappler or Mud Claw?

Sverige

I'm looking at new tires for my M1009 and want something that looks aggressive (size 33/12.5/15). I'm considering the following:

BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
Cordovan Mud Claw M/T

Any experience or opinions would be appreciated.

bonedoc

Nitto makes a great tire. The BFG's run small. I'm currently running Cooper Discoverer STT on my jeep JK in the 37/12.50/17 size. Love them, they ride and handle great. They make noise but definitely not the worst I've heard.
Here is a pic. The cool thing is they have a really aggressive side wall tread pattern which adds to the aggressive look.

Attachments

phil2968

uploadfromtaptalk1399156484864.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399156721236.jpg
Mine are only 31's but they pull good especially when you air them down to a out 20psi. Got them at Tire Kingdom. They ride great and are not very noisy.

hoplite666

Bfg Km2's.
Don't have them on the 1009 but run 35's on my other truck. Looks aside they are probably the best Mud tire you can buy. The looks of a tire will only showcase its ability to deliver what the industry calls mechanical traction. More and more tire manufacturers are replacing what once had to be done mechanically with what can be done chemically. The bfg has a functional high void tread and superb compounding for grip on the less sloppy surfaces. What it all comes down to is determining what best suits your needs. If its strictly off road/mud or you have little concern for road ability and ride quality I'd look at some crazy super swampers with paddles for tread. The bfg is gonna deliver exceptional combined mud/pact dirt and rock traction as well as be the smoothest riding mud tire you'll find. Tire manufacturers have been pumping out design after design of what they call "all terrain look" tires that do nothing but make some dudes lifted jeep look the part. All bark no bite. They are like that on purpose. The manufacturers realize that guy is probably never really gonna really take it off road. I mean reeeeeeally off road, something more than the dirt road to a fishing cabin.
The bfg's are tried and true. Built to deliver. Every single Baja race and rockcrawler competition out there is won on bfg tires. Same technology in the their Baja and krawler tires goes into the mud terrain. When I see a rig with bfg's I know the guy operating it takes his sh*t serious

Last edited:

chesapeake

I ran Nittos on my Jeep J/K. The wore great and I never had any issues in the mud, snow or ice. They didn't like standing water at highway speeds. I'd buy another set in a heart beat

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks