• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tire pressure for 1600s on an M818?

Rgdl

I'm running 80 lbs pressure in the 1600 tires on my M818. I don't haul or tow anything with it. Has anyone played around with lower pressures to achieve a softer ride on-road?

What about offroad? Do any of you guys air down when you leave the highway and hit the dirt?

Thanks.

Sevin7

I have 15.5's on my M818 (w/ deuce bed) and I run 70+ in the fronts and 60+ in the rears if I am going to be hauling any kind of weight. Normally I run 40 and 35 b/c it takes so long to fill to 70. I'm not sure if it makes a difference in ride quality though, but in 5 ton every little bit helps. At Haspin, I had my tires still at 70/60 and I felt like it was performing poorly. I then lowered them to ~30/20 and the traction seemed to be much better.

I have a M54a2 with 1600 tires and I run 45lbs in the rears and 55 lbs in the front. Much nicer ride and no issures with heat on 4+hour trips. My first trip was at 85 lbs and we spent half the time in the air off the seat from the bumps [5 hours] not much fun. gGood luck Mike

eldgenb

on my 920 I run 75 front 65 rear, on my lighter deuces I run 45 front 35 rear so for that truck I would go 55 front 45 rear as well.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have played a little and had them at 45 for a while but I was also mudding every weekend. The feeling in the side walls the thing I had to used to. You could start there and maybe add 5lb at a time till the sidewall flex does not feels like your on an offset in a turn. This was on my bobbed 5 ton. so 45 did not make the rear squat of feel funny just the front.

emr

80 is for a long trip and extend the millage in fuel and wear, 65 to 70 front and 50 to 65 rear, at the most,for basic driving, even 45 to 50 for the rear with it empty to give u some tire on road, I really think tire wear is the most important reason to get it right and change for the distance and terrain u will go into, but be aware, that truck is light for those and she may hop right off the road some day, Those brakes need to be pumped good in my opinion, there is a reason they went anti lock on the 939 series, for the big rubber, just sayin ,,,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks