• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tires are these??

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Appears to be 14.00's from a bridge truck like others have mentioned.

Hooty, are those 395's on your truck with stock wheels?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CSI in Talapoosa GA has dozens of bridge trucks; all with wheels and tires.

Ridgerunner

Not going to happen on the rear.
I think with custom wheels, it would work. I wouldn't mount them on syock wheels anyhow. Plenty of clearance between the tire and frame and tire and fender well, for them to fit side by side. I've heard some say that you cant run 53" XZL's on a Deuce also....there's always an exception.

dilligaf13

I don't think the wheels would be the issue with running duel 14.00's on the rear as much as the stress placed on the studs, hubs, axles, ect. ect. but hey give it a try I'd love to see it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope, it's the matter of the LACK of clearance of the sidewalls. There's no way 14.00's will work without some spacers between the wheels.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If the lock rings are seated properly in the first place, they're not coming out. Just try breaking down some of these tires and you'll see.

timothy1

Don't bridge trucks have a special wheel essentially giving more offset then a standard wheel? I was at sam winers and seen some diffrent offset (deeper) wheels and thought he said was bridge truck wheels, vs the standard wheels for my 5 ton when I was looking for 2 rims in the junk yard to replace my broke ones.