• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What TM can I find these air seats in?

JonMolander

I think they were for an MK48, but I'm not familiar with the 5-ton and up vehicles. Could someone please point me towards the TM for these seats? Appreciate it.
HEMTT seat.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under the NSN section, click on "More Info" which brings up as belonging in HEMTTs. I just installed 2 of them in my M931A2.

JonMolander

Under the NSN section, click on "More Info" which brings up as belonging in HEMTTs.
Nice, thanks. Did not know about that section. So is there a functional difference between the HEMTT and an MK48 as far as the seats are concerned?

I just installed 2 of them in my M931A2.
How'd that go? I just picked up a pair. One of the seat belts is cut and the air lines were all cut when the seats were removed (falsely advertised as new!). Planning to install in my M35A2. It'll be tight.

AZK9

I've got a similar seat that I plan to install in my M35A2 as well. There are some differences,
between mine and yours, but developing a way to install them might be similar. I will try to
take and post some photos of mine tomorrow.

I have tried several concepts for installing it already and most of them don't allow for a lot of
flexability due to the large steering wheel and small cab configuration in the deuce.

I just checked the seat I've got and found this:

SEAT, LIFT TRUCK
NSN:1730011022203 (I've found info on this but it's not very helpful. Just Spec-Data stuff.)

JonMolander

I have tried several concepts for installing it already and most of them don't allow for a lot of
flexability due to the large steering wheel and small cab configuration in the deuce.
I thought about putting a smaller steering wheel in mine just for that reason. It has air assist steering, so it wouldn't be a big deal. Just hope it never goes out!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be watching this one guys I just bought a pair of these to go into my Oshkosh Navy snowplow truck and mine are brand new and complete but armed with the info I have gotten here it will definitely help with the install!
Karl

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, thanks. Did not know about that section. So is there a functional difference between the HEMTT and an MK48 as far as the seats are concerned?

How'd that go? I just picked up a pair. One of the seat belts is cut and the air lines were all cut when the seats were removed (falsely advertised as new!). Planning to install in my M35A2. It'll be tight.
I purchased 4 in same crates as you saw these in, and they were used take-outs. But mine were complete, after a little clean up they look great. I had to fabricate 2 new bases for mine, as the HEMTT bases that were attached were angled so had to do a bit of fabricating to get the passenger-side one built...I got lucky and found a used MK-48 mounting base from Agazza in Arizona, it was rectangular so it was much easier to adapt it to the 931 floor. I'm overdue for pics on a lot of things, I'll try to get some & post them in the next few days.

I believe that these seats are the same for both HEMTTs and MK-48s...the only difference I could find was the mounting bases, as the HEMTT bases are angled to fit the cab floor, while the MK-48 base was rectangular for flat cab floors. I didn't see the mounting bases in your photos. The stock ones ( HEMTT/MK-48 ) were roughly 6-inches tall, so that's what I stuck with and the height worked out just right for my M939-series truck.

Ride-wise, they are like night & day over the stock seats....these seats work very well and are pretty comfortable. A lot of adjustability with the air bag coupled with mechanical adjustments makes them just right for military truck replacements. I really like them. I did remove the retractable mounting straps though, mine came with straight straps to bolt the frames to the cab for safety so I just mounted those. The attached seat belts work well. Sorry to hear that yours were cut; I'm sure someone on here should have some replacements.

Last edited:

AZK9

I've got a similar seat that I plan to install in my M35A2 as well. There are some differences,
between mine and yours, but developing a way to install them might be similar. I will try to
take and post some photos of mine tomorrow. ...
Although I'm less sure now, about many similarities, here are some pics of the seat I've got.

DeuceSeat6.jpg DeuceSeat5.jpg DeuceSeat8.jpg DeuceSeat9.jpg

I had planned to mount mine directly to the original base in the M35A2. It looks like the base
on the seat presented by the OP is a highly valued piece if 'air-technology' and would probably
be mounted directly to the floor.

AZK9

I thought about putting a smaller steering wheel in mine just for that reason. It has air assist steering, so it wouldn't be a big deal. Just hope it never goes out!
I'm afraid if I replaced my original, large steering wheel, with a smaller one... my wife and daughter
would have a dangerously hard time steering under certain conditions.

I'm so new to all of the workings on this particular deuce, but I'm thinking I don't have any 'air assist'
on this vehicle. The large wheel allows me to muscle it during slow speed operations, such as parking,
or performing a 'K' Turn, but there does not seem to be much assisting going on! LOL!! :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks