• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to do (parts truck)

cucv1833

Ive been thinking of what to do with my parts truck its the M1008 in my sig. I have a m1009 now and gave up on the M1008. I would like to get rid of it to make room in my shop and i dont want it in yard. I dont want to are have time to part it out peice by peice. I was thinking about taking off some parts i wanted then scraping the rest but dont want nothing to go to waste and most steel soldiers will frown upon scraping a MV.

its a good truck it has a GM turbo witch i will probaly will never install on my M1009.

Everything is there except the 2 Alternaters and the Gp relay

It has 10 bolt axles that i could use for spares But then again if i start stripping parts off im still cluttering up my shop.

It was running before i took a few parts off.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? or opions or what parts to keep im thinking small parts from the engine, lighting, wiring harness, TC, tranny and thats it.

Attachments

cucv1833

Could you post pics of your exhuast from underneath and in bed? I hate to admit it, but I like it!

matt65

i will try to get some more pics im offshore now for another month i may get the ol' lady to take some picks she will do anthing to help get rid of it:p.
Its a custom exhaust my freind made it about 5.5" he rolled sheet metal and welded it. i think it comes off the headers with 2.5" flex pipe then into a 3.5" straight pipe up to the stack it pretty cool.

SGT LongT

The turbo alone would be enough to buy the whole truck. Why wouldn't you want to add the turbo to your M1009? From what I read it would be a great addition to the engine.

cucv1833

The turbo alone would be enough to buy the whole truck. Why wouldn't you want to add the turbo to your M1009? From what I read it would be a great addition to the engine.

the Turbo is awsome my 2 trucks are night and day compared in power it was pushing around 5-8 psi boost. its already installed on the truck and i dont feel like jumping into that project. My stock blazer does what i need it to do. i dont really need that extra truck hanging around.....or DO I :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks