• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to do with generator wires 568a and 2a

jrpontiac

I converted my humvee to a 1 wire 24v alternator and have 2 wires that im not sure what to do with. Everything has been working great for the past few months except the windshield wipers. They dont work at all and havent since the conversion. Worked great prior.

The two wires that were in use but not currently are 568a and 2a. I looked at the wiring schematics but im not smart enough to figure that out. Im guessing one wire is from the ign and triggered the old generator the other one im guessimg was a 24v source for the wipers. Im just not sure what one does what and dont want to screw something up. Does anyone know?

They get joined at the forward of the two posts on the regulator. At least thats what i did on mine and its working.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Screenshot_4.png

the 2 is the AC tap that tells the PCB that the truck is running, so without it connected to the AC tap on the alt then if the truck is running you can hit the start switch and it will grind the starter.

the 568 looks like you can post it to the 5 or tie it back out of the way as it is already bonded to the 5

I was totally wrong on that first post.

Here is what goes where:
5A IGN
586a IGN
2A A/C
3B Ground
Ground strap attach between ground on generator and long bolt on water crossover.
new cable from install kit-goes between positive output on generator and +24v side of batteries.

I also took a 10 ga cable from the yellow post and had it ride the new 28v cable back to the positive of the rear battery.

I used a bunch of that silicone tape to tie the two positive cables to the wiring harness along the back of the motor and under the transmission dipstick tube and dropped it down on the outside of the frame rail alongside the body... At first it seemed there was going to be a rub point but as I got everything situated and snugged up I think it'll be alright. Just one more thing to PMCS.

Al Capone

I was totally wrong on that first post.

Here is what goes where:
5A IGN
586a IGN
2A A/C
3B Ground
Ground strap attach between ground on generator and long bolt on water crossover.
new cable from install kit-goes between positive output on generator and +24v side of batteries.

I also took a 10 ga cable from the yellow post and had it ride the new 28v cable back to the positive of the rear battery.

I used a bunch of that silicone tape to tie the two positive cables to the wiring harness along the back of the motor and under the transmission dipstick tube and dropped it down on the outside of the frame rail alongside the body... At first it seemed there was going to be a rub point but as I got everything situated and snugged up I think it'll be alright. Just one more thing to PMCS.
I converted my humvee to a 1 wire 24v alternator and have 2 wires that im not sure what to do with. Everything has been working great for the past few months except the windshield wipers. They dont work at all and havent since the conversion. Worked great prior.

The two wires that were in use but not currently are 568a and 2a. I looked at the wiring schematics but im not smart enough to figure that out. Im guessing one wire is from the ign and triggered the old generator the other one im guessimg was a 24v source for the wipers. Im just not sure what one does what and dont want to screw something up. Does anyone know?
hi since you did this conversion in 2017 im
Wondering if you had any problems ? I’m seeing the alternator puts out around 27.7 bolts and Humvee used 28.5

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks