• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to do with this deuce?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got this truck a few days ago and am torn on what to do with it. I bought it for a parts truck but come to find out it runs like a top and everything works on it. It needs a paint job, top, J pipe, seat covers, batteries, and a front driveshaft. After pricing the parts to fix it looks like I'm either going to sell it as is or go ahead and part it out. I've already have the winch listed in the classifieds so if it sells I'll definitely part it out.

Attachments

GoHot229

No point to kill it then... Lots of people are looking for a good running deuce right now.
Yea, watching the "Hi Newbe here from _ _ _ _ etc, it seems that infact it would make a good ENTRY level Deuce for the newbee croud wanting a M35 or something close. Course moneys tight and setting on it's sometimes detremental to your financial health. There's a member that comes to mind needing a good multifuell motor, advertising in the classifieds here. I'd like to slide into something like that myself, but with winter coming, other things are taking priority. Well anyway, glad for you and your SCORE....

Joshhd45

I just joined SS a few days ago because I want a M35 really bad. If you'll send/post some more pictures I might be interested in taking it off your hands.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just joined SS a few days ago because I want a M35 really bad. If you'll send/post some more pictures I might be interested in taking it off your hands.
Will take some better pics tomorrow and post them up.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did GL advertise it as a parts truck?And it runs and drives? I'd bring it back and get your money back.:p Looks like a good solid truck.
Well it was listed H7 but we all know how the codes are. The pics in the auction were bad pics and made it look worse than it really was also. It is by no means the best truck I ever bought from GL but it's mostly cosmetic. Looks as if it has set outside for a long time with no top on it.

Don't belive I'll be asking for a refund ;-). You win some, you loose some :-D.

codycr6

deuce

Where is Dickson, TN? I am just below Memphis and hope to buy a fairly nice deuce next summer... I could use someone who is is familiar with them when it gets to be that time. I would be interested in going to the 47 inch Super Singles, definetely a turbo truck, and preferably one that is nice cosmetically.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm about 40 miles west of Nashville. You live just down the road from the Grand Poobah of all military vehicles (David Doyle). If you could spend some time talking to him it would be priceless.

codycr6

David Doyle?

Would he be connected to Memphis Equipment? I have tried to contact them, I saw in Military Vehicles Magazine that there was an auction to sell off their inventory... somewhat distressing, as I had thought about using them to either buy a truck from or some service work. Any contact information for David Doyle? I would love to look at some of these trucks in person and learn more about them... I read quite a bit, but would love to get a better idea of whether I want to stick with a CUCV or a Deuce.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would he be connected to Memphis Equipment? I have tried to contact them, I saw in Military Vehicles Magazine that there was an auction to sell off their inventory... somewhat distressing, as I had thought about using them to either buy a truck from or some service work. Any contact information for David Doyle? I would love to look at some of these trucks in person and learn more about them... I read quite a bit, but would love to get a better idea of whether I want to stick with a CUCV or a Deuce.
No, David Doyle isn't connected with Memphis Equipment. I think he does hang out there some. He goes by DDoyle here on SS. The Memphis Equipment in Memphis is still in operation. That was another location they closed. You're welcome to come see mine and even take one for a spin but you may can find somebody closer. Start a new thread asking as much and I bet somebody will chime in.