• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to do with water sensor and fuel heater after changing to canister filter

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing.

Ordak

Is the heater even necessary? If you are running the correct additive for colder weather is there a need for the heater? I am thinking about doing the same thing but this is holding me back. I have browsed for spin on base's with heaters and they are quite expensive compared to the NAPA spin on base without a heater everyone seems to have. I just to not want to complete the mod only to find out my fuel is gelling.

I figured this might help him out as well as myself.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the heater even necessary? If you are running the correct additive for colder weather is there a need for the heater? I am thinking about doing the same thing but this is holding me back. I have browsed for spin on base's with heaters and they are quite expensive compared to the NAPA spin on base without a heater everyone seems to have. I just to not want to complete the mod only to find out my fuel is gelling.

I figured this might help him out as well as myself.
Gelling shouldn't be a issue with winter grade fuel . But it is still a good idea to run a fuel treatment with every tank . Power Service makes some good aniti-gel products.
http://powerservice.com/find-my-product/#1

Barrman

I just zip tied the loose plugs and extra wire to the rest of the engine harness that runs across the rear of the engine so they won't flop and make a thunking sound. 4 trucks done that way now.

Freeland

These depictions showing examples of a spin-on fuel filter with a WIF sensor are from a 1996 3500 Cummins. If you'd prefer to keep a Water In Fuel warning, maybe consider getting this part equivilent from NAPA.

8015c872.gif8015c876.gif8015c879.gif

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks