• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to use to clean inside of transmission?

yolner

I want to clean out the crap on the bottom of the trans while I have the top cover off. What's safe to spray in there? I was thinking brake cleaner, but wanted to ask the experts first.

DieselBob

I don't see why brake kleen wouldn't work. The only concern I would have is if spraying from the cans might blow any fine metal particles around in the case and find it's way into any bearings. Maybe as a alternative you could wash it out with diesel fuel in a garden sprayer that isn't as powerful a stream. 2cents

DieselBob

It doesn't clean all that bad and unlike brake kleen, gas and some other cleaners it leaves a oily film so metal like bearings and shafts won't flash rust. Although the price per gallon is getting into the cleaner price range.

ralbelt

I would use diesel, put in a low pressure air line, 5-10 psi to aggitate it, put in a few magnets to collect any metal findings, drain, flush and remove magnets.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've done several with brake cleaner.

deathrowdave

Diesel will work fine !!! Fumes not as harmful and flamable as Brake Kleen in a confined space . Your choice be safe and don't mke your deuce giant smores roaster for the kids !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks