• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tube do I need for this rim?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they are original mule rims. You can see there is a hole for the tube and there is a tube inside the tire??? I'm not sure the previous owner new what he was doing!

Anyway, Since I'm looking at ATV tires to put on the mule, do I need to specify a particular tube? What nomenclature do I use?

Thanks

Attachments

Jones

BigMike, it's been a long time since I had a mule but I'm thinking the the rims are one piece and can be run tubeless. That's a pretty small hole for an inner tube valve stem.

Sarge29

I have run the mule tire tubeless. I like it better with a tube. If anything hits the tubeless valve stem you can end up with a flat. I had my mule at a show and a little boy stepped on the stem accidently while getting on to have a photo made. So I had to fix a flat tire at the show. Bill Watson Mules is a great place for any part or info on your mule. I bought loads of parts and tires and tubes to finish a restoration. He has the wide tire and rim setup too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks