• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tube do I need for this rim?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they are original mule rims. You can see there is a hole for the tube and there is a tube inside the tire??? I'm not sure the previous owner new what he was doing!

Anyway, Since I'm looking at ATV tires to put on the mule, do I need to specify a particular tube? What nomenclature do I use?

Thanks

Attachments

Jones

BigMike, it's been a long time since I had a mule but I'm thinking the the rims are one piece and can be run tubeless. That's a pretty small hole for an inner tube valve stem.

Sarge29

I have run the mule tire tubeless. I like it better with a tube. If anything hits the tubeless valve stem you can end up with a flat. I had my mule at a show and a little boy stepped on the stem accidently while getting on to have a photo made. So I had to fix a flat tire at the show. Bill Watson Mules is a great place for any part or info on your mule. I bought loads of parts and tires and tubes to finish a restoration. He has the wide tire and rim setup too.