• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What turbo do I have? (Picture)

Jinx

I know the turbo in my M35A2 is not a "C" whistler turbo. It does start to whistle when the engine is running at over 2000RPM. Is this a "D" turbo, or do I have one of those oddball LDS turbos? I've searched and read the other threads here, but still haven't been able to determine what I have so I'm relying on the experts here.

(Photo attached)

Thanks of the help.

Attachments

scooter01922

Well, for future ref here is the oddball. Looks like we got a winner. You get just a hint of a whistle under load above 2000. Just enough so you know you have a turbo but nothing excessive. Sounds nice outside the truck when you let off the throttle at each shift too :)

Attachments

Last edited:

scooter01922

Now here is where the terminology gets confusing. There is the LDS 5 ton turbo and the LDS 427 turbo. So you can't say anything about LDS turbos in general. The ones we have jinx are the LDS 427 ones.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This is the 5ton LDS turbo. It is twice the size of a deuce turbo because it has a wastegate on it. It would be hard to use on a deuce as the spring housing for the wastegate points directly at the deuce's starter. I think they would interfere with eachother. A 5ton has the starter on the driver's side.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks