• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what type of paint job is this?

croftonaviation

I was looking for some help with this one. Is the paint job on this truck ant sort of official desert paint scheme or is this something done at the local unit level. Sorry I only have the one pic so far. Any help would be appreciated.

If it's any help the unit markings indicate it was with the 278 armored cav out of the Knoxville TN area.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck came out of the 278 also and has the same colors. It's not CARC, thats for sure! My hood is a replacement and the pattern lines up pretty well but the colors are just different. I had trucks SVC4 and SVC 75.

mckeeranger

TB 43-0209 Has the camo patterns in it.

http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=7

Our 2 M35A2s have the same pattern. One was CARC painted in 1990, the other in 1991.

The one painted in 1990 has a little bit lighter tan. The one painted in 1991 matches our 2 water buffs. They don't have a CARC date on them.

The XM817 is not CARC, is painted with a brush, has 4 colors (2 shades of green) and doesn't look like anything else.

croftonaviation

Now that I have the truck and have had a little time to look at it, it is some really bad faded camo. At least it's not carc. After I get all the mechanical things fixed then I will address the paint, I think I am going to go back to what is on it and use the existing paint job as a pattern. At least there is very little ruct on this truck other than the inside of the bed. If money permits I think I may try to locate a dropside bed to put on this truck. Thanks for the replys everyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks