• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What was your first Modification to your 5 ton?

pcblakeley

Just as the title says, list out your very first modification to your rig....elaborate if you want to on whether or not it was a good decision.

Mine was the addition of the new alernator and it has been churning out power perfectly for the short time I have owned it.

I would be very interested in small tweaks to existing parts and custom designs that made the truck more perfect....

Since I am still a new Green Iron owner, the list I drew up today has all kinds of crazy items I "Need" to purchase for my truck....the list will probably get bigger after this thread...

pcblakeley

Man, what happened to that truck....Air dropped IED or rolled?

Door locks, that is a good idea. I was thinking about doing a mod that would allow me to remotely with a hiding switch disable the starter, just in case someone knew how to start the truck.

davesgmc

i put 1600's on, and stretched the cab 6 foot longger and added 2 more doors, still needs finsihed, power windows, a/c and heat under the rear seat. custom rear seat made. etc, etc. oh it also has a 3k genst mounted between the frame rails that runs on a 50 gallon fuel tank seprate from the fuel tank that feeds the 671 detroit diesel under the hood..........

Rene M

#1 Dumped every fluid out of the truck....Then remover the spare engine and trans out of the bed...that was tough...

Threw away all the split rims...

Alredneck

Banned
Got rid of the crappy NDTs for some radials, One M54 has 385/22.5s singled runs well but need a larger tire as these are the same height as 11s but wider. 22.5s run real smooth and wear like iron. Should of went with something taller like 395/85R20s The other M54 is goin to the parts place in the sky as we need the parts for another build. THe M816 is currently on 11s XLs but I may go to 14s since I have set, if not than I would like to get some of the 395 Goodyear MVTs ( like to get several sets ) As for the M814 Tractor mod1 ( hehe wait and see ) I was originally going to put the 14.00 XLs on it. But as they are my last set at the moment might stick them on the wrecker and get a set of 16s for the M814Tractor Mod1 have another 5ton im thinking of running AG tires on for a offroad recovery truck. Finding the right rims for AG tires is my problem!

vinny-socom1

#1 tires #2 spin on oil filter #3 recover the seats #4 install new top #5 add winch #6 drop side bed etc.. etc.. list goes on for a couple of days or so

Vinny

Marcel

Changed the engine oil, added spin on oil and fuel filters (purchased from jatonka). Flushed the coolant system and replaced with new coolant. Purchased & installed NIB electric windshield wipers. Purchased but have not installed NIB doors, mine are beginning to rot through, NIB horn kit, mine has been disconnected and the column wiring is missing. Purchased and installed NIB smaller diameter steering wheel, big belly gets in the way of old steering wheel. Missing passenger side mirror has been replaced NIB plastic battery box and new military grade batteries. Stainless steel exhaust, stainless steel muffler, stainless steel clamps and gasket are sitting in the cellar waiting for the rain to stop to be installed. I purchased my M51A2 dump whistler mid summer of last year. That is all so far

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Back up lights is another on my list to do. I'm thinking I'm gonna put some on the side under the bed facing the rear too.

dmetalmiki

hmmm...well singles first...fuel pump isolator next..(stop the thing wearing it'self out all the time for no practical reason once the trucks running) Wide stance ( fronts) bigges't essential mod fit a hydraulic pump to prime the engine oil/turbo sytem to AT LEAST 15/20 P.S.I. before hitting the go button. ..reversing "hooter" and camera..sat nav radio cb...solid tube temerature and oil pressure gauges..o/f n/s jump sockets. errr..in my case..emergeancy siren kit (sho-me intersection blaster) and..boat horn lol!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks