• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What we did with 5-ton @Rednecks With Paychecks, Saint Jo, TX

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Okay, had a great time for sure. Not for those who can't handle a bunch of rednecks, horse power, loud music, mud slinging, booze, naked breasts etc... This isn't the place to take grandma. I'm sure there were a few baptisms and worship gatherings held there today. Actually, everyone was very friendly, even in wee morning hours after a long day of mud-din. I only saw security taking care of bit-ness one time while I was there. I don't know how many people got killed over the past 3 days either. Anyway... my M929 was a hit. I made a bunch of guys and gals happy this weekend. We were loaded up coming and going all of the time. Hope the links I copy are good for viewing. I was too busy driving to take any pics or video, but the kids in the back of the truck did. I know RWP took pictures and video of me getting into bad mud bog situation, but reversing myself out, then a forward power slide down the coffer dam past a bunch of other stuck SOBs.., up the exit embankment into a left turn mud-slinging power slide in front of a RWP photographer. We were getting cheers and high-fives all the way out. Now, that was showing everyone the M929's clean ass! More later as the pictures video start rolling in.

Friday evening tail-gating @ the main mud pit. I made these 125 lb nuts from (2) 50 lb bags fast setting QuickCrete. They were riding 1" off the ground. Anyone need to know how to make big nuts fast and cheap, I'll post the secret build recipe.

fri_eveninghangingout.jpg bignuts.jpg

74M35A2

Glad you had a fun and safe time.

Regarding the genetials, we pulled up next to a lifted F-350 one time that had them, and my wife says out her window to the driver “Had to buy em’ eh?”. I’ll never look at those like I used to, again.

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Glad you had a fun and safe time.

Regarding the genetials, we pulled up next to a lifted F-350 one time that had them, and my wife says out her window to the driver “Had to buy em’ eh?”. I’ll never look at those like I used to, again.
Ha! Good to be home. Will I do it again? Probably, but I will have a RV next time. From what I hear rain is always part of the event. That's good though... As far as the truck pull I decided it wasn't worth the risk. It wasn't fair contest anyway.

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Sounds like a load of fun!
It was... It will test your skills and comfort level with being dirty and trying to stay dry. I don't like going to bed dirty, hungry, and uncomfortable, but sometimes in life this is how things can be. This will test your ability to deal with a uncomfortable situation if you are camping and have to deal with your surroundings. How about bathing with others in an open setting? It is a learning experience that might help you in the future. I've done a lot of camping over the course of my life time, and I'm no expert either. I did 9 days and 500 miles of the Yukon river from Whitehorse to Dawson in 1980. Even though we had the ability to buy more comfort, this was a good experience trying to exist around thousands of others in the same situation, then finding out where you came up short at the end. Everything went from grass to mud in 2 days. I was nice to see some of these young women taking it all on in stride.

arriving-1.jpg fri_eveninghangout-2.jpg fri_eveninghangout-1.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks