• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What were the squirrels stashing under your intake manifold?

wired1000

When replacing the rubber hose to my Injection Pump, I found:

- A walnut
- A "Pig Pad" (Thick Absorbent sheet, like a paper towel but 10X as thick)
- 2 pennies
- a 6-inch long flathead screwdriver tip
- A thoroughly knawed chicken leg bone

Just curious what others have found. Thought this could be a fun thread rofl

ryan77

A mouse nest! With 4 mice in it! Had to lock the truck in the garage and set traps! That was a ordeal they were smart ones and would eat the peanut butter with out setting the trap off. I finally got all of them!

DieselBob

Just pulled the intake on my Isuzu trooper to replace some hoses and found a mouse nest in the “V”. Thank the supreme architect of the universe that they hadn't feasted on the hoses and wires.

CycleJay

That is funny,

When I was younger, on the days I would clean out my car, I would always find articles of
clothing, like bras, panties/thongs, girl socks, stockings, skirts, shirts/blouses, etc..

But with my M1009, nothing that exciting yet, except for old nuts and bolts, keys, etc...

Will post if I find anything interesting as I get deeper into it...

wired1000

I used to have a 1957 MGA (british sportscar). I bought it in high school when I had no bills and a bunch of lawnmowing / grocery clerk $ to my name. During college I was pretty broke and stored it in this professor-friend's 3-walled "barn"... anyway, ran out of money pretty quick and had to sell her :(

When I took the guy for a test drive, I noticed that in between the drivers seat and the driveshaft tunnel was a mouse nest with like 10 little pink baby mice. Didn't say anything... the guy didn't notice. Sold the car! :D

mudman

We have "Pack Rats" here and they are huge and steal and stash everything in the wrold here. They will eat your seats down to the srings if not stopped.

CycleJay

Im confused? are you a girl, or used to be one? Seems like a lot of articals of feminine clothing for a guys ride....
Neither, I am a guy, born a guy, so always have been.

I just used to date often when I was younger, and I had a roomy car.
If you catch my drift..

Yes, the good ol' days..

combatmech

My first oh-nine had the left overs of some kind of ( mice and or rats ) nest in the back seat. Great big clumps of ghost terds, nut shells and a few candy wrapers.

rickf

Im confused? are you a girl, or used to be one? Seems like a lot of articals of feminine clothing for a guys ride....
I would have to agree, while most of those items adorned my vehicles at times 95% of them went home that night with the owners. The ones that didn't were usually picked up the following day.

rickf

Many years ago I bought a 68 Beetle to restore. Pulled the seats out to recover them and found two large plastic bags with some kind of dried weeds in them behind the rear seat back. Disposed of them appropriately.:roll:

Rick

wdbtchr

I bet I've harvested about a ton of acorns over the years in my vehicles. Especially the air cleaners on the 5 tons, they would be packed every year until I finally put one of those cyclone separators on the dump and an M35 intake cap on the M54a2.:roll:

I didn't have anything. The PO's cat hung out in the garage the 1009 was stored in. No mouse/rat stuff, but plenty of cat hair (long-haired, fluffy cat), little paw prints, and claw marks on the truck. There was also a little hairball on the roof.

I'd rather have that than a bunch of chewed-through wires and hoses to track down.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Years ago before truckstops got fancy and had private showers the facilities were much like a school locker room in some of them.

Several of us were running together in convoy style and stopped for a shower at a truckstop out west.

We all carried our stuff in and were getting ready to go into the common shower room.

One of the old timers took off his shirt and was wearing a fancy bra and a pair of panties.:shock:

We all stared at him and one of the guys said "Hey Bob.......we didn't know you were gay."

Bob says "I'm not gay".

The old guy says...."Well, if you ain't gay how long you been wearing womens under clothes."

Bob says, "Ever since my wife found them under the mattress in my sleeper."rofl

ryan77

Years ago before truckstops got fancy and had private showers the facilities were much like a school locker room in some of them.

Several of us were running together in convoy style and stopped for a shower at a truckstop out west.

We all carried our stuff in and were getting ready to go into the common shower room.

One of the old timers took off his shirt and was wearing a fancy bra and a pair of panties.:shock:

We all stared at him and one of the guys said "Hey Bob.......we didn't know you were gay."

Bob says "I'm not gay".

The old guy says...."Well, if you ain't gay how long you been wearing womens under clothes."

Bob says, "Ever since my wife found them under the mattress in my sleeper."rofl

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: