• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What wheels are these? I just won these on auction and pretty sure they may be hemtt

TurboJoe

I know they are all marked 5894... but if you scroll down the 36 lots you will notice that there were actually two wheel sizes present: most of them are stamped OW19-28, which is a typical 20x11 inch, MPT style wheel. They have 16 bolts holding the wheel-halves together and come with a 8-on-275mm lugnut pattern.
Then there are 3 or 4 lots which are stamped OW19-01, 20x10 size industrial (bead height = 2"). Its a 20-bolt assembly and likely has the common 5-ton, 10-on-11.25" pattern, but that still needs to be confirmed. (I.e: Lot #5316)
I also found 3 lots which have both sizes mixed in the same lot. (See #5310; #5320; #5331)

If you really got lot#5322 those will not fit on your stock 5-ton.
Sorry for "raining into your parade"...

G.
Thank you for the useful information. I knew it was a gamble, and I had the odds at 20% they work for me. However for the price I paid, (auction 5333) it was worth it to me.

I have some access to a water jet, so I could just cut some adapters and do some welding. Its a very cheap way into some wheels for eventual super singles.

BTW, does GL TRY to go out of their way to make the pictures useless on some auctions? Just 1 shot of the whole front of the rim would have made it so much easier to confirm things.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The GL site at Creekside takes picture of the cardboard box. Be glad you got what you got!

How ignorant can you be to post pics of a box. If your going to make an effort, MAKE AN EFFORT!

dragonman

Google "Sand Trail" tires. Looks like some of these come through GL. This set looks like it ran underinflated on pavement, outside wore out: http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6785951

Tire selections for a 20" wheel this wide could be limited. Most tires this wide are going to be for something like 24 inch wheels. If you end up finding some tires and using them, how about a post?
I have some of these tires and wheels. I think the tires say made in Africa.

TurboJoe

I'm heading down to Maryland to pick them up on Friday along with some generators. Once I get them home I'll take some detailed picks and measurements.

Andrmorr

I'm heading down to Maryland to pick them up on Friday along with some generators. Once I get them home I'll take some detailed picks and measurements.
What did you end up finding out or doing with the rims? They keep coming up in auctions so it would help others to know what you found out...

TurboJoe

What did you end up finding out or doing with the rims? They keep coming up in auctions so it would help others to know what you found out...
They are sitting on pallets still. In fact I was going to post on here if anyone is going to the MV show in NJ this weekend I'll gladly sell them for scrap value if someone wants them.

I can load them up at my house literally 2 miles from the show.

Watch the bolt patterns, the last auction had two combinations. I happened to be the unlucky one.

tobyS

I'm wondering about these tires also.

I'm not as concerned about rims and would go to combat wheels. I notice the rim is not near as wide as the tire so figure it must be a 10" width and on the machine brochure referenced, see 14.00 as the alternative tire size.

How tall are the tires (I can't find a chart with them). How does one know what rim is included that G referenced? Would they be limited to off road or a low speed?

Andrmorr

I'm wondering about these tires also.

I'm not as concerned about rims and would go to combat wheels. I notice the rim is not near as wide as the tire so figure it must be a 10" width and on the machine brochure referenced, see 14.00 as the alternative tire size.

How tall are the tires (I can't find a chart with them). How does one know what rim is included that G referenced? Would they be limited to off road or a low speed?
I'm thinking they are VERY speed limited and useful to one of us only in some special task...here's the tire info from the brochure CWC listed in post #11 above...

Operating (detecting) tire pressure: 60 kPa (8.7 psi)
Off-road (sand) tire pressure: 100 kPa (14.5 psi)
On-road (asphalt) tire pressure: 200 kPa (29 psi)

tobyS

Gents, anyone have load rating data on these? Wonder if they would work on a fiver unloaded in the desert. thanks
Sure they would work...the machine they go on is much heavier than a 5 ton and rated to go 50 mph. They come on a 10" rim, so will work on yours.

For an update, I bought several sets of four.

The rims have a 13.29 bolt circle which is the same as an ag hub 20-25,000 lb. (Edit 13.19")

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks