• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would a LMTV completed run? Pic enclosed Also where do you find the hood racks

DukeNukem

What would a LMTV completed run? Hopefully with highway gears
Also where do you find the hood/cab racks
THX

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They run on diesel.

coachgeo

Good Laugh doghead

Duke.... the rack is custom and that is only way you can get one. Probably cost couple grand if its a high dollar shop; or lot of beer and price of tube, if its a friend with a bender.

M1079 trucks (one with the box already there) prices are all over the place. $12,000 to $30,000

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Profo made his with his aluminum box and all his modifications including high speed gears and it is a 3126 truck. I think he told me hes only in it 25k or so and it looks and probably is alot nicer than that truck.

coachgeo

Profo made his with his aluminum box and all his modifications including high speed gears and it is a 3126 truck. I think he told me hes only in it 25k or so and it looks and probably is alot nicer than that truck.
didn't he build it himself though.... if so ... add labor and profit if your using a builder and that triples the cost.

pontiac62

What would a LMTV completed run? Hopefully with highway gears
Also where do you find the hood/cab racks
THX
The truck pictured looks like Adventure driven m1079. He is a member on here. You could pm him. He had a lot of work done to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it looks and probably is alot nicer than that truck.
No offense to Profo but I've seen Adventure Driven's truck in person and other than those couple of dings in the side of the box the truck is immaculate and the interior of the box is even nicer. And yes it has high speed gears, AC, and now, about 1000 offroad lights on the cab rack. Again, not trying to say one is better than the other just that this truck is extremely nice and not easy to tell from one pic.

pontiac62

Price will vary a lot due to
1. The fact everyone has there own taste in what amenities they want on the truck.
2. How much work you can do yourself.
3. Price of your base model truck.

Just a few examples. I could list more but I’m sure by the time I get this pecked into my phone it’ll probably already be answered. Lol

Previously mentioned prices is a idea on costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

DukeNukem

I did call Acela Truck Company and they quoted me 250K for a 6X6. <eyes rolling> IT'S A USED TRUCK! lol

coachgeo

I did call Acela Truck Company and they quoted me 250K for a 6X6. <eyes rolling> IT'S A USED TRUCK! lol
similar price for some Unimog builds and they are typically built on used (but renewed) trucks as well. While IMHO both are overpriced..... do believe Acela does completely renew their trucks like a high dollar Unimog builder would as well.

DukeNukem

similar price for some Unimog builds and they are typically built on used (but renewed) trucks as well. While IMHO both are overpriced..... do believe Acela does completely renew their trucks like a high dollar Unimog builder would as well.
They said no engine rebuild on the phone

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy a zero mile SD Brazos 4x4 with Cummins power for $40K here in Houston at Worldwide Machinery. They are getting desperate to sell them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks