• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would be the best year to register my truck in the SF97?

Hello everybody,

I was asked by GovPlanet what year I would like my truck to be registered or written in the SF97 since my truck doesn't have any manufacturing year on it. They are letting me choose what year I would like to put in. So my question is what year would be the best in terms of DMV/registration/insurance etc.
Not sure if best to go with a newer (2009 for example) or older (1999 for example) date, or if it even makes any difference at all.

Also, I was trying to determine my M1123 manufacturing date or year. The serial/VIN# is 192865 and it is an USMC truck.

I did see some old threads conversation about the VIN and year but I am still confuse and not sure if my truck is 1999/2000 or 2001.

I appreciate your help.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do your research.. apply what you find into a best guess.. You will just screw yourself and others by trying to manipulate the facts.. Your vehicle is most likely 2000.. give or take a year.. Definitely not a 2009.. And after they hit 20 years you can usually get “historical” plates/insurance.. Just use some due diligence with a side of common sense 👍🏼👊🏼

Ocho out