• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would you do for a Deuce

doskiez

Just want to start by saying I got my new M105a2 trailer home Saturday without many issues. I got in late so my wife didnt get a chance to see it until Sunday, She said I was crazy (as she normally does) especially when I mentioined that I now need a Deuce to pull it with. Planning on using it for general utility behind my ford dually.

So now to the Deuce. My wife has always been somewhat against getting one, I think because she doesnt want to see it in the yard everyday or something like that and of course I have wanted one for as long as I can remember. So after admitting that the M105 was a pretty cool trailer and I got a really good deal she decided to give me an ultimatum.

If I go skydiving with her she will be ok with me getting a Deuce.

Now for some this would not be a problem, but I really dont like heights, and I dont care for flying all that much. Plus I have sworn up and down all my life that I would never go skydiving and now it seems like it will be necessary if I ever want to see a Deuce sitting in my yard.

What would you guys do, or have you faced similar ultimatums over your MV habit?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd jump with her(one stressful day), then enjoy years of deuce ownership(many stressful days)!

When it comes to skydiving, the statistics are in your favor, but if you become a statistic, then not so much...

Last edited:

hwcurtice

Do not show this post to my wife.....

I would do almost anything in order to talk my wife into letting me get a deuce, Skydiving ain't one of them....

jerseyjeep2003

Sounds like you need to face your fears. Even though flying doesn't bother me I have never cared for heights, so I can relate to jumping out of a plane. I already have a deuce, but, if I wanted one bad enough...... I say take the plunge, even if you have to close your eyes til your feet are back on the ground. Who knows, you may even enjoy it.

Sirblissfull

First, let me say since my wife was Airborne I know shes nuts.

Second, modern parachutes as in not the siht that the Army uses for static jumps are far better then they used to be.

Third, Sky diving is one of the few adrenaline junkie things I never got around to doing before I was injured. Its a missed opportunity I really regret. My little ladies eyes light up like the 4th of July when she gets going about jumping. I hope one of these days to be able to go with her when she is not pregnant and can go again.

ABN173

Ok Let me put on my "Black Hat" (I was a former airborne instructor)
" A fear of heights is natural and nothing to be a ashamed of, however it must not interfere with your control of your body when you jump" taken from my 34' tower class:p

No really I'm scared of heights myself but for most people its not about jumping for enjoyment its facing those fears and overcoming them! I vote do it! You will have a feeling of accomplishment and might even enjoy it. Believe it or not once you are at jumping altitude and look out everything looks so small that it does not seem real (kinda like looking down at a toy train set) so its easy to disassociate some.

Do it and get your truck, after that you can stop if you don't care for itrofl

-Dale

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd do it, even if it was the last thing I ever did... rofl

If your pilot says, "hold my beer", I'd reconsider...

Last edited:

197thhhc

No guts no glory. One jump is a small price to pay for a deuce. The big question is.... What will you have to do to get your second deuce. Good luck and remember to bend your knees. :grd:

goosewcs

First, let me say since my wife was Airborne I know shes nuts.

Second, modern parachutes as in not the siht that the Army uses for static jumps are far better then they used to be.

Third, Sky diving is one of the few adrenaline junkie things I never got around to doing before I was injured. Its a missed opportunity I really regret. My little ladies eyes light up like the 4th of July when she gets going about jumping. I hope one of these days to be able to go with her when she is not pregnant and can go again.
The Jump is not that bad and only last's seconds............so Jump

gunboy1656

When I did rappelling at Ft Jackson on victory tower, they had the short tower to practice on first. I was more nervous about that little tower then I was of the tall one. Don't fully understand why, but the taller one was fun.

A few minutes of terror for ownership of a deuce, yeah I would do it. She never said how many times you gotta go out the door.

dittle

Its not the jump to be worried about, its whether you'll have a nice slow stop at the bottom or a sudden one.

gunboy1656

If the brakes don't work on the jump we can all gather and sing this.......

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1d2a2JyEdw[/media]

Just kidding go have fun.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One jump for a deuce? As long as it was one of those tandem jump things where I could scream like a ninny all the way down with my eyes closed.
I might crack open one eye for a second..........maybe. I see no need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.:mrgreen:

What would I do for a Deuce?

Well, I'd risk a divorce and/or a torturous murder.

...I've done it four times, in fact - five if you count the M37 - six if you count the Mule!

Worst part is, I think the odds for my divorce/torturous murder were probably higher than your risk of a bad skydiving experience! rofl

Take the plunge, man!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks