• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would you do for a Deuce

SPCWarning

Never jumped out of a plane and never owned a Deuce (driven plenty of them in the Army).
If this was an offer to "all who would skydive once for a Deuce", I'd be in line!
I'm still looking for the right "deal" for my wife so I can get a Deuce or 5 ton. I bought her a new truck this past year but that didn't do it.
At least you have an option to get a Deuce! :popcorn:

Danger Ranger

If you pay for me to skydive, then can I get a deuce? lol. rofl

Jump now and forever keep your "piece"...
This is one small jump for man, one great moment for deucekind...
Grab life by the horns and take it with you...

eagle4g63

Boy.......jump out of a plane........fall to the earth and HOPE the chute works......

I'm with you....I hate heights and wouldn't jump for my deuce.

Make her sweeten the pot a little more....make it sound like this:

Honey I'll jump out of a plane FOR YOU if you let me have a deuce and _______

you have to fill in the blank.

zout

I have over 8,000 jumps and will not disuss how many malfunctioins - if you are well trained you will love it. Hopefully after you do it you do not forget about wanting the deuce and take up the sport - IT IS VERY ADICTING.

Heights - Plane is moving x mph and you are so high it is not like standing on a balcony or looking over a waterfall.

GO FOR IT - nothing you ever do again will be the same.

plym49

...seriously, now. Fear of heights will nor play into it, nor fear of flying. It's not like standing on the edge of a roof; the scale is different.

The worst thing is going to be the wind as you prepare to exit the aircraft. You have no idea what that is going to be like, and none of your preparation will expose you to anything like that.Moving, holding on, balancing - even thinking about what you should be doing - is going to be affected by the wind.

Just remember to get your body in the right stable position once you jump (drop off) the aircraft. Things will be noisy and hectic for those first few seconds until your static line opens your chute.

Once the chute is open, be prepared for the most quiet, blissful experience ever as you float down.

Then you land.

Katahdin

On a training flight/jump in the late 60s a friend of mine witnessed a C-130 rear door malfunction and drop open unexpectedly. One poor guy was sitting on the "honey pot" and was sucked right out into the atmosphere! Luckily the guy was wearing his chutes and was able to activate his reserve. A week later they located the poor fellow shacking up with some farmer's daughter and returned him to duty.

No, I'm not crazy enough to drop out of the sky for a deuce....I certainly wouldn't want to be dropping one when I did!

doskiez

Well it looks like there is a long drop in my future, just hope the stop is not a sudden one. I have convinced myself that it will be well worth the few minutes of terrifying insanity for years of fun the Deuce will inevitably bring (providing the chute opens and I live through the whole endevor). I will certainly be waiting until I have cash in hand to put down on a Deuce before I go jumping out of planes though. I will keep everyone posted on the situation.

wikallen

The fear will quickly go away after you leave the plane. The only problem you might have, is another addiction to go along with the MV one. You will want to jump again and again and again.

caliber1

I had to buy my wife a yukon in order to get one so..............always have to barter with "the boss" to get what you want! :deadhorse:
How's that go, better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

I find it easier to just buy now....take cover latter!

Less chance for her to say no!
That's how I did it, worked out fine. Didn't sleep for the three days till I told her , but what the he!!. rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks