• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would you do for a Deuce

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Airborne! Make the jump, you might be scared out of your mind going up, but when it's done you'll want to do it again. It's a lot of fun.

For civilians, the first jump is.normally a tandem jump. I.e., you are strapped.to the front on an experienced.jumper. That person will have.the new.foil.style shoot, and can land you on a dime, after.a.couple.thousand foot ride.that is.simply incredible.

Go.for.it!

Munk

When i bought mine she had no idea it just showed up, the second one did too with a trailer. She never said anything to the affect of a 5 ton though!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that it was Sir Winston Churchill who once encouraged the British with:
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Many a preacher has used something similar in their sermons:
"F.E.A.R.: False Evidence Appearing Real"

The question remains... Just how badly to YOU WANT to own a Deuce?

Be thankful that she only wants you to jump from a airplane. Her wishlist could have included other irrationally devious fantasy fetishes. (Beware of the Body-Piercer named BRUNO.)

Stan Leschert

If I go skydiving with her she will be ok with me getting a Deuce.

You should be more afraid of your impending Green Iron Addiction, than taking an adreniline ride.

It looks like you win, and you can easliy conquer you apprehension at jumping.

You will have to do a tandem jump, with a qualified instructor.

No problems.

And in return, your wife gets to wash your deuce ....
after a good day of mudding!

michigandon

Let me paraphrase Meatloaf: I would do anything for a deuce, but I won't do that!

Thankfully, my better half would have no part of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane either. Just one of the many reasons why I married her. ;) The only thing currently preventing me form having a big tactical truck (or two) in the driveway right now is financial concerns. :-(

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is truly not much more fun than skydiving. And she is going to let you tandom, acselerated free fall or AFF, is the way to go 14,000 ft you get out, have 2 instructors holding each side, you freefall to 5500 then pull and land yourself. You won't have to worry about sex after that, you will just go on a jump LOL. I am a pilot and love skydiving. If you don't jump you will be missing out on 2 of the greatest things you could do. Mark

Cgaengineer

If it were me I would have two choices, divorce (expensive) or find another hobby.

Sounds like you should find a new hobby!

There ain't a deuce in the world that is worth jumping out of a plane for...sorry, I'm just not into thrill seeking or risk taking (with my life). Living a normal life has enough risks for me, even if I have a better chance of a fatal car accident on the way for a jump than chute opening or plane crashing.

Last edited:

mattg2448

I hate heights but my sister convinced me to go, best thing i have ever done! It is really an amazing thing, you can look down and see the world! Plus, you will jump with a guide, so it isnt that bad..

Danger Ranger

Be glad she doesn't want you to get a piercing or something that will last forever. The only way a jump will last forever is on the slim chance it goes badly, or the video of you doing something funny enough for us to laugh at here for awhile...rofl

vtdeucedriver

As a aircraft mechanic........the term "perfictly good airplane" might be easier said. Ive seen some that probably should not be classified as such.

Go for it!!!
Let me start you with a training film!!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Ptr6Mddk8&feature=related[/media]