• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What year is it, REALLY?

Ajax MD

If you want to get the actual build date of your vehicle take the number stamped on the A pillar in front of the drivers windshield and give it to a friend in law enforcement. They should be able to run that number and reference the AMG files for the build date.

Hm, I'm not finding a number in this location. I've checked all around the windshield frame on the driver's side, inside and out.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hm, I'm not finding a number in this location. I've checked all around the windshield frame on the driver's side, inside and out.
the number is of absolutely no use....it’s used to track the truck during production.
AMG will never answer the phone let alone provide info pertinent to a military vehicle to a civilian.

Reactions: NDT

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. Well, I'm satisfied with a range from '85-92. Close enough for government work.
The serial doesn't really mean anything on these trucks anyway, nor does the age matter much. Going by the model number and any MWO tags on the frame are all that really matter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks