• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What year model?

chief76433

Can anyone tell me how to figure out what year my M813A1 is? We bought it from the Federal Surplus about 10 years ago and it didn't have a title. When we went to dmv to get one it came back as a 1990 Jeep. I am getting ready to sell it and just wanted to make sure what year it really is. Thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picture of the data plates would help, I have a '71 M813A1 manufactured by the Jeep Corp. and had a '76 model built by AM General.
Yours will be a 1970 something . Any original registration numbers visible?

Last edited:

chief76433

Thanks for the info. We put the brush guard to keep from scrathing the paint. The truck has been a beast over the years and has been through some thick brush. It's knocked down a lot of cedar trees. We are replacing it with a 1998 M1078. There is a big difference in size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks